Welcome to Northern Cape Urban TVET College
- Through its Skills and Innovation Centre, the College offers a variety of Occupational programmes like Learnerships, Accredited Skills and apprenticeship Programmes.
- Geographically the three Campuses and Skills and Innovation Centre are within 10 km of each other and between 10km to 1.5 km away from the Central Office respectively. The Moremogolo and Phatsimang Campuses are situated in the township whilst City Campus is located in the CBD.
- In line with the College vision and mission, the programme qualification mix is responsive to industry demands, that will seek to address the economic needs of the area.
Centre of Specialization
The first group of apprentices (CoS) underwent their trade testing, to qualify as ‘Red Seal’ apprentices.
- Moremogolo Campus – Centre of Specialization for Carpentry and Joinery
- Moremogolo Campus – Centre of Specialization for Bricklaying
- Moremogolo Campus – Currently applying for plumbing
- City Campus – Centre of Specialization for Hairdressing
Message from the College Council Chairperson
It is with great privilege that I present the Annual report of NCUTVET College for the year 2022. The report is cognizant of the fact that Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Colleges, as part of the Post-School Education and Training (PSET) system, should be strategically positioned to realize the strategic vision and goals of the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET). It is against this background that we continually aim to achieve the sub outcomes below:
Message from the College Principal
The 2022 Annual Report reflects the activities, successes, challenges, achievements, growth, and development of NCUTVET College. NCUTVET proves to be quite a dynamic and complex institution delivering a range of programmes to the students, communities, businesses, and industry in and outside the Country. In the said year the College continued with its strategy to increase postschool opportunities for the large cohort of students who wish to continue with their studies.
We continue to strive for excellence in realizing our vision of being a ‘pathway to an improved socio-economic development’ and focused on: